Sunday, February 13, 2011

What is Meister?

Personally, Meister is my first foray into iPhone application development. It is part of my attempt to break out of my embedded development comfort zone. I developed Meister because I needed such an app, not because I thought it was a novel idea. It is not a complex application, and if you've used an iPod or iPhone before, navigating the app is pretty straight-forward. Suffice to say, the current version under review will not be the last version. I'm planning a lot of features for the app, like custom tags, and linking stocks to your preferred URL. There is no time-table yet, but I'll definitely be wanting these for myself. I hope you'll find the app as useful; and please do leave comments and suggestions for improvement! I'll happily sift through them. ^_^

For now, I leave you with the official screenshots and slightly modified description. 'Til next time!
- Ryles



Meister (mini equities & stocks tracker) is an iPhone app that allows you to easily organize and view your stocks, their performance, and your buy/sell transactions. It is ideal for casual investors who has low- to medium-volume transactions, and wants their investment information to be always available at hand should they need to make a quick decision while on the go.

Key Features:
- Grouping of stocks into portfolios;
- Optional PIN input to open a portfolio;
- Input current Market Price, Fair Value, and personal Target Value;
- Input transactions per stock;
- Quickly view historical performance of each stock you own (computed from the input transactions, and the given Market Price, Fair Value, or Target Value);
- Customize displayed currency symbol per portfolio;
- Color-coded lists for easy navigation: blue for portfolio list, green for list of stocks, and purple for list of transactions;
- One-click sort, or manually reorder list items as you desire;

No comments:

Post a Comment